Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Heart Of Glass

I don't know what this will be about, I don't know what I will write about. Hell, I'm not even sure if this will not be the last post I ever write.

I used to write. I used to write a lot. Poems, songs, lyrics and an never ending procession of bits of stories. I used to enjoy it! and I want to do it again. So here I am, a space for me to write, to get back into the habit, to get away from it all, to record the goings on inside my head.

Yesterday I played 'Heart of Glass' by Blondie on my acoustic guitar, all slowed down and haunting. What a brilliant song, it just reeks of heart ache and pain. It made me think how really good songs can be played in a completely different way and still stand up. 'Last Christmas' sung by James Dean Bradfield was one that springs to mind, as was Travis doing 'Hit Me Baby one more time.' All these beautiful pop songs flying around the place without the recognition for the depth they conceal between the sugar coating.

No comments:

Post a Comment